Steel Wire Rope
Wire rope is rope made from wire. It consists of several strands of metal wire laid (twisted) into a helix. The term “cable” is often used interchangeably with “wire rope”,”wire rope” refers to diameter larger than 3/8 inch (9.52 mm), whereas sizes smaller than this are designated cable or cords.Steel is the main material used for wire ropes.
Wire ropes have evolved from wrought iron chains, which had a record of mechanical failure. While flaws in chain links or solid steel bars can lead to catastrophic failure, flaws in the wires making up a steel cable are less critical as the other wires easily take up the load. Friction between the individual wires and strands, as a consequence of their twist, further compensates for any flaws. Krish ropes brings best quality steel wire rope with guaranteed quality.
- General Engineering Purpose
- Mining Ropes
- Crane Ropes
- Lift & Elevator
- Oil & Gas
- Shipping ropes
- Fishing Ropes
- Non Rotating Ropes
- Stainless Steel Ropes
- PVC Coated Ropes
Wire ropes are used dynamically for lifting and hoisting in cranes and elevators, and for transmission of mechanical power. Wire rope is also used to transmit force in mechanisms, such as a Bowden cable or the control surfaces of an airplane connected to levers and pedals in the cockpit. Only aircraft cables have WSC (wire strand core). Also, aircraft cables are available in smaller diameters than wire rope. For example, aircraft cables are available in 3/64 in. diameter while most wire ropes begin at a 6MM . diameter.Static wire ropes are used to support structures such as suspension bridges or as guy wires to support towers. An aerial tramway relies on wire rope to support and move cargo overhead.
Most Common Usage:
- Construction and Offshore rigging
- Marine Industry and Ministry of Defense divisions
- elevator, crane lifting, hanging basket, colliery steel, seaport, and oilfield.
Wire rope is made of plaiting strands of wire – normally medium carbon steel – into a thick cable. The strands are formed around a core. The strands in wire ropes are made of wore twisted together. Strands with smaller diameter wires are less abrasion resistant and more fatigue resistant. Strands made with thicker length of wore are more abrasion resistant and less fatigue resistant.
- 1. Sizes : From 3mm to 50mm
- 2. Material of Steel Wire Rope : Galvanized and un-galvanized or stainless steel,etc
- 3. Core : IWRC, Fiber Main Core and WSC
- 4. Tensile Strengths : 1960 N/mm2 (EIPS) and 2160 N/mm2 (EEIPS)
- 5. Wire Rope range:
- 9×19S+IWRC, 9×19W+IWRC, 9×21Fi+ IWRC, 9×19S+9×7+Fc
- 9×19W+9×7+Fc, 9×21Fi+9×7+Fc
- 8×19S+Fc, 8×19W+Fc, 8×25Fi+Fc
- IWRC 6×Fi(29)、IWRC 6×WS(31)、IWRC 6×WS(36)
- 34×7+Fc, 34×7+IWS, 36×7+Fc, 36×7+IWS
- 17×7+Fc, 17×7+IWS, 18×7+Fc, 18×7+IWS, 18×19+Fc, 18×19+IWS
- 18×19S+Fc, 18×19S+IWS, 18×19W+Fc, 18×19W+IWS, etc.